GYN Doctors serving patients in Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, Norfolk & Portsmouth
A Gynecology Specialists note: Following is an excellent article about a new app we are using to help women with urinary incontinence. Since 2004, our GYN doctors have helped women better understand their pelvic floor and offer solutions to urinary incontinence in Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, and throughout Hampton Roads. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please contact our GYN Clinic at (757) 312-8221.
New, convenient app helping women with urinary incontinence
Our Gyn doctors in Chesapeake are seeing great results in women with incontinence using the Leva Pelvic Health System, which is a:
If you have any questions about the Leva Pelvic Health System, or would like to schedule a urinary incontinence appointment, please contact our GYN Clinic at (757) 312-8221.
• At-home pelvic health program
• FDA-cleared Digital Therapeutic App (used on your cell phone)
The Leva Pelvic Health System combines unique motion sensor technology with personal coaching to help women strengthen their pelvic floor and decrease the symptoms of stress, mixed and urgency incontinence, and overactive bladder.
A recent study conducted by Gyn Doctors showed that pelvic floor muscle training using the Leva Pelvic Health System was statistically and clinically superior to Kegels alone for improving symptoms of stress and stress-dominant mixed urinary incontinence in women. The study is the first demonstrating the superiority of a digital therapeutic device over Kegels-alone to treat UI.
How The Leva App Works
• Leva is an FDA-cleared pelvic floor muscle trainer with visualization technology that can help patients target the muscles predominately responsible for maintaining continence.
• Proprietary motion sensor technology shows a static and dynamic representation of a woman’s vaginal profile at rest and with movement during pelvic floor muscle training.
• Real-time interactive visualization with the app provides patients with programmed coaching sessions to optimize their pelvic floor muscle training.
• Patients can complete their training in any private setting in less than 5 minutes, twice a day. Patients have the ability to track, review, and share actionable data through this innovative, non-surgical treatment.
You don't have to live with incontinence and you shouldn’t, because it can worsen over time and greatly impact your life.
About our GYN doctors and clinic
Our all-female gynecologist practice covers a wide spectrum of gyn and pelvic floor issues such as UI, urinary incontinence, and overactive bladder.
Since 2004 our GYN doctors have been caring for women in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth.